On Friday, January 21, 2022, the annual March for Life will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be parking restrictions and street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and will be closed to vehicular traffic from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
• Constitution Avenue from 14th Street, NW to 2nd Street, NE
• Pennsylvania Avenue from 7th Street, NW to 3rd Street, NW
• 12th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Madison Drive, NW
• 12th Street Tunnel
• 10th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Constitution Avenue, NW
• 9th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Constitution Avenue, NW
• 9th Street Tunnel
• 7th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
• 6th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Constitution Avenue, NW
• 4th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
• 3rd Street from C Street, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
For timely traffic information, please visit twitter.com/DCPoliceTraffic.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
Many alerts regard violent crime. Do not take action, instead call 911 with the event number if listed.
January 21, 2022 - 10:14 AM
All text is recreated exactly as it is seen on the official source. AlertDC.io and @crimealertsdc are not affiliated with DC Government or Police.